Friday, December 12, 2008

Is there already a St. Joshua?

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I think I am clever. On occasion, I get so full of myself I will pose in our office doorway looking for attention, and say, "Josh, don't I look cute?" or "Josh, do you hate it that I'm so funny?"

I know, you are slightly smiling but more wincing at my inflated ego and merciless arrogance, but trust me, those moments are few and far between, because more often than not this overconfidence gets me in trouble and I am shamefully humbled. This a trait that only my wonderful and patient husband can handle. And to be honest, I have done a lot of humiliating and stupid things that Josh surprisingly never throws in my face...

Like the time when I thought I would play a practical joke on him by convincing him that West Virginia is actually south of Virginia.

Like the time I thought it would be a silly little joke to touch his arm with a hot curling iron.

Like the time I drove all the way to Indiana, screaming "I KNOW WHERE I AM GOING" before I realized I'd driven an hour into the wrong state.

Like the time I thought I would karaoke "Dancing in the Streets" at a very intimate, very quiet restaurant filled with confused Hawaiians and one supportive/embarrassed husband.

Like the time I tackled him into a snowdrift that actually hid a very hard curb and broke his rib.

Like the time I posted a picture of his face decorated as a basset hound.

Like the time I...... All I can say is...

THANK GOD THIS GUY MARRIED ME!

6 comments:

Josh said...

I have the best wife ever. Don't give me that much cred I mean look at that pic of me it's pretty bad. Saints always look badass I just look like a dork.

So@24 said...

Rocking guitar hero? You picked a good one.

sarah marie p said...

hahah. I LOVE it! You remind me of me ... singing to John last week a song I made up called "Look at me!" Why must we girlies be SO very clever!? haha.

YAY Guitar hero! Let's play!

dsnowden said...

LOLZ!!!!

Miss Crystal Renee said...

You two are AmAzing!!!!!!!! :) Love and miss you both!

BIBI said...

How cute! You two make a cute pair. But hey overconfidence is not such a bad thing. Its what gets me through my days. ;)