Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Señors of Marseille

"The run they fall they reach and they crawl, all over you."

These scallywags really know how to blow shit up!

I'm talking about "The Senors of Marseille."

This upstart duo turned trio from the great city of Brooklyn, New York, spins harmonious euphonies that caught me off guard as I tried to place where I had heard this familiar yet alien sound. These haunting, untraceable melodies permanently lodged themselves into the depths of my cerebrum as I drifted to sleep last night, and I have yet to pry them from my subconscious. So here I sit, musing over their inspired verses and daydreaming of what I would be like if I too gave it all up to follow my dreams.

Dreams that maybe I never knew I had, until, well, I had a lot of unemployed time to mull it over. In fact, it might be useful to carelessly write out a public list of fantasies. Hmm, yes, let's give it a try:

List of Dreams
by Shan

See my face on a "Jumbotron" at a major sporting event

Learn how to sail. I want to respond to the command, "Bring 'er 'round the port side!" and know what that means.

Have someone I have never met tell me I changed their life.

Receive a standing ovation after a rockin' karaoke performance, that leads to a talent scout telling me this exact phrase: "You really got something there, kid"

Dressing like a chimney sweep on the set of Mary Poppins and kicking my knees up to "Step in Time" with Julie Andrews laughing the entire time

Teaching English in a foreign country

Telling stories of my incredible travels to adoring grandchildren

Surrounding myself with people that understand and respect me for exactly who I am

And most importantly, finding my purpose in life


Ahhh, that felt good. what is on your life list?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those sound like amazing dreams don't lose sight of them. Doesn't neccessarily mean they are of your reach, calling them dreams and all! I would say make a switch, transfer them from dreams into goals or tasks and maybe just maybe the steps it would take might unravel before your eyes. With the efficient effort and patience to let things happen, you too can accomplish the dream process! Go luck to you wish i could be around to see it!!

Jess Riley said...

Oooh, that's a good list!

(I LOVE that you linked to the YouTube of Tim & Eric's video a few posts back..."Great Job!")

sarah marie p said...

Hee to the chimney sweep! I love it! You're so hilarious!! Oh man, tell me about it -- I REALLY need to figure out my purpose in life too. Dang. I feel so old sometimes. I wanna know NOW!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome band review!! You must be a really great person and/or friend to write such niceties.

But I think their name is "The Señors of Marseille"... not the Seniors.

If you can figure out how to type an ñ, more power to you.

Or you can just type "Senors"

I doubt they would mind..!

Anonymous said...

I too would love to see my gorgeous mug on a giant jumbo tron tv!!!
B-MaN

Anonymous said...

I think life is better when we have dreams and goals. The exciting thing is our dreams and goals are always evolving, just like life. As for our purpose, impossible to define. Just be the best that you can be, whenever, wherever!

grahamrock said...

you are a good writer and a nice person, shannon o'donnell...

thanks.

love,

graham, of the señors of marseille

oh, and we just got a facebook page! check it.

señors of marseille facebook page!