Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What is this..."blogging"

What exactly is a "blog?"
Wickipedia defines: (an abridgment of the term web log) is a website where entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries.

Online diary. I like the idea of that, exposing something private about yourself to anyone that stumbles upon a cleverly named site. I love that it is my interpretation of myself and it is optional for anyone to judge accordingly. I can be myself in the real world and the bloggy world.

So that brings me to my semi lesson of the day. I sent my blog link to my grandpa, a loud, boistrious, often inappropriate hero of mine. Not only did he love the updates, he sent the link to a friend of his and this is the response he emailed me:

Hey Shan---I shared your 'Blog' with a very good friend of ours......see below her comment -- gramps
....like they say, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.....
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: Check out my blog!!

This is *REALLY, REALLY* scary, Hank. Does your grand-daughter have ANY idea how much like you she is??!?!?!!!

I don't know, are we really that much alike?

That is a blog. It's communication. It's sharing. It's just plain me!

2 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

hahahaha that is awesomee